Saturday 13 August 2011

Festival of Quilts 2011













Thought you might like to see photos of my first ever art quilt - inspired by the sea, made from hand-made felt, machine-pieced together and hand-quilted with embroidery threads. This is me yesterday at the Festival of Quilts, where I've been going for the last 3 years with my friend Sue. Actually it's all down to her that I made it - after last year she challenged me to enter a quilt as an added incentive to visiting the show. So I registered this April (when the July posting date seemed far away and achieveable!). But with other things going on, not least Open Studios in June, I didn't actually start working on the quilt until July and then spent a frantic week just before the posting deadline getting it finished. 'Never again' I thought, but having been and seen it hanging there I thought it might be nice to try again. So of course I did plenty of shopping at the exhibition for a possible new quilt for next year, which I'm determined to start earlier next time. I'll keep a quilt diary here of how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment