Thursday 8 April 2010

Studio Diary: January Flooding!




Well what have I been doing all this time since my last posting? I think the photos here give you a clue - the January snow brought a burst pipe in my studio due to the cold. I was very lucky that the water didn't get too high so nothing was ruined apart from the internal decoration (skirting board, flooring, lots of cracks). Unfortunately the garage below didn't fare quite so well, with water soaking the walls as well as lots of items we were storing in there. I'd just had an operation and was out of action so my very kind neighbour helped mop the studio, as you can see here. After a lot of drying out and sorting out damaged stuff, and the studio lino being ripped up, we're finally at the point of getting things sorted again. However, my entire studio has been in storage now for a couple of months so I've had hardly anything to work with (apart from what I salvaged to store in the house). So not my best creative period! Still, the studio's being redecorated next week, then we're getting new flooring laid and all my stuff will come back - can't wait to get back to normal (with hopefully a new and revamped version - watch this space!).

No comments:

Post a Comment