Monday 4 April 2011

Cushion Madness!

Spring is meant to bring out the madness in us all, and I'm no exception. Though instead of gamboling like a lamb in the very welcome sunshine, with me it's been making cushions. I'd never made cushions before but got tempted by a combination of spotting lovely fabrics at the Stitch and Craft 2011 show at Olympia II on 18 March and needing to make our kitchen benches look a bit more cosy. And I hadn't realised how easy it is to make cushions (the fold-through, non-zip type). I've made 4 with the fabrics I bought at the show and have plans for more. I also made a fifth (this time for my studio) with some fabric scraps (many of which I'd dyed and screen-printed for my college course in 2006!). I patchworked these together with some orange and yellow fabric I'd dyed which I was just waiting for the right opportunity to use. Really pleased with the result so I think this could be the start of an addiction! My next plan is for a patchwork cushion made from hand-made felt. And this all goes to show that you should never throw anything away from your stash as you never know when it'll come in useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment